Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers' Day to all!

Celebrated early with Mom a day earlier, took her out... nowadays, as we do not live in the same house, it's weekend that I am better able to spend more quality time. I try to spend at least 1 or 2 weekends with her a month. It's also through these 2-3 years that I get to know this woman I have been calling 'Mother' for over 30 years now.

Also sharing some snippets of a slide presentation I did 4 years ago...
Give her credit for all she does. She deserves the respect of everyone.

Please don't rush them...because as you slowly grow up, they slowly grow old.
In one of our recent conversations, she said sorry for not having done much for me and my siblings, she claimed she really wasn't a good mother. Well, she may not be the best in town, but she's the only mother I have got, and to me, she had done the best she could have at that point in time, based on her own upbringing & circumstances of the time.

Again, I admit I am not the perfect daughter, not the best one either... I fail at times (and expect will continue to be so) but I do try to be the best I could be for her. Because she believed in me. Because my dad is no longer with us (he passed away 11 years ago) - I am loving my mom doubly!

Full slideshow here.

No comments: