Thursday, February 28, 2013

A good day

How's your day? Is it good? Not so good? Couldn't be better?

Any day can be a good day, even in the most seemingly hopeless circumstance, something good is there. Maybe the good is playing hide and seek with us, if we seek it hard enough, it is sure to be found.

Photo taken from my car while I got stuck in a jam
Took mom for her CT scan yesterday. I got a bit panicky when I had to sign the consent form for the hospital to proceed with the scan. I just prayed in my heart that there will be no complication. She had to be given IV of a contrast material for the scan to work. The material might cause allergy, ranging from rashes to difficulty to breathe.

We waited for our turn for almost 2 1/2 hours. The hospital was crowded that day.

When mom's turn came, I went in with her, as she could not comprehend Malay or English, and none of the staffs on duty could speak Chinese. When she settled down, I went to the waiting area. She was in there for about 15 minutes. When she stepped out from the room, she was shivering as the place was cold...other than that, she was feeling alright. The nurses helped her to clean up and ensure she did not have any allergy reaction. (A patient just before her had asthma attack right after the scan)

Am just glad all is well.

No comments: