Thursday, May 15, 2014

The 3 Ps

I seriously need to relook at how I can control my emotions better, right now I think my EQ is almost zero, if not negative. Someone once said whenever you are angry, your IQ becomes zero (人愤怒的那一瞬间,智商是零,过一分钟后恢复正常。).

Trying hard to control my anger and emotions at the workplace today, I failed miserably. Two separate episodes today.

First episode in the morning was still controllable, breathe harder, breathe deeper...

Second episode - my hands were shaking from the wrath. Someone once asked me why I have the patience to teach children but not adults. I guess the difference lies in the attitude of the learner. I do not mind knowledge sharing but if the person (especially adults!) is not keen to learn - it just gets to me. 'I don't know' is not the reason we are unable to accomplish a task, it is an excuse to not try. Everyone has to start somewhere, I am not born with it either.

You know what Benjamin Franklin once said - Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.



Anyway, for now I am going to consistently remind myself the 3 Ps - POSITIVE, PATIENT and PERSISTENT. Made this doodle this morning and put it right in front of me at my work station.


No comments: