Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Year of Firsts

I did not start 2014 with much anticipation, honestly - I thought it would just be like the previous year or the year before last. You know with life's normal ups and downs, so normal and cliche that they become a flat line. Unexciting, Mediocre.

4 months into the year, I suddenly feel that I may have either treated my life too shabbily or I have underestimated life's potential.


Well before the year began, I thought it would be hectic and unexciting - hectic with work stuffs being in a new role and all; unexciting because I don't foresee myself doing something different, something I haven't done before.

I got the 'hectic' part right - work drives me up the wall some days, white hairs spotted, dreams/nightmares about work related stuffs, so on.

As for unexciting - thankfully I got it wrong :)  Some of the firsts I have done this year - from joining a kickboxing class, completed a 10km fun run walk to trying out new cuisine. More later, now I gotta get packing for my next trip ...



(and oh, I am one of the firsts to depart from the new airport - KLIA2!)

“This new day has greeted us with no rules; unconditional opportunity. Do not dilute the power of this new day with the hardship of yesterday. Greet this day the way it has greeted you; with open arms and endless possibility.” ― Steve Maraboli,

No comments: