Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 1

Today marks the first day I start at the new workplace.

I woke up nervous, in fact I was nervous since a couple of days ago. Thankfully I managed to get quite a good night sleep. Woke up earlier than I usually do on a workday because 1) I don't want to be late, especially not on the first day at the job 2) I have to walk for at least 10 minutes from the parking place to the new office 3) The working hour starts earlier.


Well, it's an odd feeling driving to work. I am basically driving the same route I have taken over the past few years. The journey's the same, but the destination has changed. I tried my best not to mesmerize the good old times too much. Of course, I won't forget the memories, but at the same time, I need to move on and look forward.


I like my new place. I have a nice cubicle with a nice view of the KL Tower. And you know what's peculiar? I was seated in between two of my former bosses. Funny.

The Bank has gone through so much changes and restructuring over the 7 1/2 years I had been gone. So, on my first day there, I spent the whole day 'studying'. So very the hardworking!!! :) But it's kinda boring sitting there alone, no more colleagues for me to kacau within 'talking' distance... now I had to get up and walked quite a distance to find someone to kacau. Problem is I have yet to find my 'victims', hehe.

No comments: