Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fare Thee Well

Dedicated to my fellow colleagues in PPBOP

15 May 2002 - The first day I stepped into PPBOP as an employee.
13 November 2009 - The last day I stepped out from PPBOP as an employee.

These 7 1/2 years had been truly memorable and meaningful... and probably miserable, at times too. In the initial years, I was quite sure that I'd be in this place for a long, long time; and it had never crossed my mind that 'long, long time' registered the full stop mark at 7 1/2 years.

The decision to leave had never been easy. I had deliberated for 6 months. Even after officially submitting my resignation and turning down the so-called counter offer, I still felt so overwhelmed with sadness. I was sad to leave, but happy to go. Still for most of the time, the sadness overshadowed the excitement undeniably.

Well, parting and leaving a job is all part of growing up, no? Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. The moment has come when I think it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come.


To my friends who had grown with me these years, I will surely remember you. People will always forget what we said, even what we did... but they will never forget how you make them feel. The last couple of weeks, you had made me feel extra special and blessed.

Man's feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell. ~Jean Paul Richter

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

Now that goodbye and farewell are inevitable, I just trust with all my heart, that we part so that we may meet again.

Keep in touch.

No comments: