Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Picnic!

Today is the Federal Territory Day - that means I get a day off work. Bestie asked me to join her & her elder girl for a picnic at the Lake Gardens. It had been years since I went to the Lake Gardens, so why not?


Wonderful weather... although it meant hot sun! But it's nice walking amidst the trees and her girl enjoyed herself at the playground. The tram ride in the end was nice... I didn't realise that the garden was actually huge, there were so many places to visit & do. But bringing along a child of almost 3 means we spent most of our time around the playground.

91.6 hectare of parks & gardens at the heart of Kuala Lumpur established in 1888. The gardens incorporate the National Monument, Deer Park, Butterfly Park, Bird Park, Carcosa Seri Negara, The Forest Research Institute , Orchid Garden & Hibiscus Garden. 
Source: http://visit-to-kl.com/visit/Lake_garden.html

(and I shall add: The Planetarium, National Mosque and Islamic Arts Museum are all within the vicinity too!)

3 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

My kids would love it there!

ch3ryl said...

Amber - Am sure they will... do come by Malaysia for a visit & I will gladly be your tour guide :)

Unknown said...

I can't remember the last time I visit Lake Garden, or any park I would say. Simply an indoor person :p