Thursday, June 20, 2013

I can't see clearly now

The haze season is back. With a vengeance. Thankfully the last two days were quite breezy, so the air index in Klang Valley improved compared to over the last weekend. Johore and our southern neighbour, Singapore are having it much worst.

To those who may not know, it has been years now - that at this time of the year, due to the direction of the wind - smoke from forest fires in Sumatra, Indonesia, will cause air pollution to hit unhealthy levels in several places on the Malaysian peninsula.

Though it is less hazy these few days, I can feel the dryness in my throat and my eyes feel so dry (plus the fact of I am working extra hard staring at my work PC for at least 10 hours a day, due to overwhelming work load and also because I will be away soon).

I have got a cute mask which I am definitely gonna use if I am outdoor. Cute, no? My friend got it for us during our trip to Bali some years ago as we were supposed to visit a volcanic area. The masks help to filter out the terrible sulphuric odour.
I have got the pink one!
Hmm...maybe I should it match it with a nice eye mask

Anyway, am really feeling kinda stressed out with things at work. That and also slightly demotivated over some Management's decision. Oh, well... can't exactly 'take-it-or-leave-it' so gotta live with it.

My day was brightened by a simple note from fellow colleague/friend. Thank God for placing people like these around me.
Took a photo, edited it and sent it back to her
Also 'helping' myself destress by thinking up of creative out-of-office auto replies, sent it to someone who commented "Nice one, Cheryl. But you are gonna get it from your boss when you are back, so don't try it!"

The auto reply I had in mind was "Nope, I am not around. Yes, I am having FUN!!! while you are sending me this work email. Boo!"

So, can't do that and back to the same old boring non-creative polite auto reply: I am on leave and will be back XXXXXX. Your email will not be auto-forwarded. Meanwhile, should your matter requires immediate attention, please contact: XXXXXX. Have a nice day."

Totally random blog post...I know. Thanks for reading to the end.

No comments: