Friday, January 4, 2013

First movie in 2013

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey
The first of another trilogy series. Before watching this, quite a number of people told me it is boring. My take? NEVER! I love it!

The movie is about Bilbo Baggins, pre-Frodo's adventure. It all started with Bilbo's momentous birhday bash & rewind 60 years backwards. About the (much) younger & greener Bilbo, who was enjoying his life in his little 'hole' - his books, his arm chair, his garden, ...life was quite complacent and getting so comfortable until one day, he was spun into an adventure with a group of spirited Dwarves and Gandalf the Grey.

Some quotes I love from the movie:
  1. Gandalf: You'll have a tale to two to tell when you come back.
  1. Bilbo Baggins: Can you promise that I will come back?
  1. Gandalf: No. And if you do, you will not be the same.
Bilbo Baggins: I know you doubt me, I know you always have, and you're right. I often think of Bag End. I miss my books, and my arm chair, and my garden. See, that's where I belong; that's home, and that's why I came cause you don't have one.. a home. It was taken from you, but I will help you take it back if I can.
Gandalf: The world is not in your maps and books. It's out there.
Thorin: Loyalty, honor, a willing heart, I can ask for no more than that.
  1. Bilbo Baggins: I have never used a sword in my life.
  1. Gandalf: And I hope you never have to. But if you do, remember... true courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one.

  1. Galadriel: Why the Hafling?
  1. Gandalf: Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? That's because I am afraid and it gives me courage.


Go watch it, if you haven't already. I am so looking forward to the two sequels.

No comments: