Tuesday, January 1, 2013

How was your 2012?

If you are to rank your 2012 - from a score of 10 (with 10 being the ultimate best), what would it be?

Personally, I would give it a 7 out of 10. It wasn't a bad year but not the best yet.

On the plus side - I had a promotion at work. I had managed to travel a fair bit. Health is ok, except for the usual migraines and occasional abdomen pain (ultrasound said I am all good), slightly overweight (too lazy to exercise still!) and consequentially (slightly) higher cholesterol /triglyceride level. My family's all well. I have got myself a new car and a new lens for my DSLR. Managed to complete writing two books on the side (my freelance assignments). Made some new friends...and lost some 'fake' ones one the way, I hope. There are many more things that I am thankful for... and I learned (and am still learning) to be thankful EVERYDAY.


On the minus side - Didn't really do a resolution-thingy but there are things in mind which I had wanted to accomplish - two of which I still had yet to make it last year. Well, this year...I hope, again. Next, I am still single/available (well, this could be both a plus and a minus, depending). I still cry when I think of the past, I don't know when I will stop crying - maybe another 5 years down the road?

Anyway, on the last day of the year a fellow colleague sent me the email below, and I was truly encouraged by it.

This year my friend was diagnosed with cancer & during our prayer meeting she prayed this:
Dear Lord, it has been a challenging year for me this year & I hope that next year will  be a better one.
If out of 1 to 10 & 10 is good, 1 is bad and 2012 has been 1 to 3 for you, let's pray it will be a better year next year. If 2012 has been 7 to 10 for you, let's hope we will have the wisdom & strength to overcome any challenges that may lie ahead next year.

What about you? How was your 2012? Is it a 1 out of 10? 2? 3? Hope yours was at least a 7 or better. And if it wasn't - let's march into 2013 with fresh hope and perseverance.

No comments: